Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Shed/Playhouse/Chicken Coop

My husband wanted to build a shed. I wanted a playhouse for the kids. Life is all about compromise. :) While we were at it, we decided to add a place for some chickens. Here is our completed shed/playhouse/chicken coop.


Also, if you can't find a slide to fit your playhouse dimensions, just make your own out of unused sewer pipe!





The ladder leads to this hatch door, which in on a hydraulic hinge.


Inside, I decided to paint the walls with "framed" quotes.


The kids each got to paint in a frame as well. James chose to paint Mario.


16 comments:

  1. First, Are you anywhere near Michigan so I can come and take a look at it? And, where can you get unused sewer pipe?
    I am looking for ideas to build a shed/play house/play structure for the kids. Yours is the closest to what I've had in my head so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any plans for this? Could I please get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do have plans I would love them too! sarahainslie@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grand daughters saw the shed playhouse and they want me to build one. Can you tell me where you found the plans and a estimate of the cost? Thank You Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashley are you able to share the plans for this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you share your plans? Mccaughen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, 5 years later, do your boys still use it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you share your plans? This is exactly my husband and I. After searching for hours this matches our needs and wants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you share your plans please. ddessari@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone ever gotten a response regarding plans?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it possible to purchase the plans for this? We're moving to a small lot and this riotous be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you attach the the two tubes for the slide?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so impressive! I’m also wondering where you got your plans, or if you are willing to share the ones you made!

    ReplyDelete